Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lessons in Attraction: Lesson 3

I'm sorry this took so long to get out, but it is by far the most important and kind of the reason I started this trilogy in the first place. 

I am a very opinionated person about fashion and what looks good (especially on girls). I only do this because I have the utmost respect for them. Let me try to explain.
I watch shows like What Not to Wear with my mom and we like to comment with the hosts. Well one day I was watching some interview on one of the Early shows (or Good Morning America or something) where Clinton Kelly was giving an interview about fashion (naturally). Anyways, he said something that kind of sparked this post,  
"Every woman is beautiful..."


That is SOOOOOOOOO true and I think girls need to hear that more often than they do. If you know me you know I'm not normal. (Understatement maybe but lets keep this blog moving shall we?) I like to complement girls on what they wear, or their hairstyle or just about how much I love them. Not because I'm trying to flirt with them (although this is certainly a good way to gentleman :) but because I feel like girls need to hear it more than they do. 

Today it was mentioned at church, the importance of respecting women. Well, I have a freakin' awesome Dad whom I think did an excellent job at just that. I therefore get REALLY irritated when guys don't respect women (the a-typical jock attitude drives me up the wall...cannot stand it). Women deserve to be respected after all they put themselves through.

Just on a side and slightly cliche note but nevertheless important....Everything God creates is beautiful and perfect. Sorry, I know but still think about it. Sometimes I think we take advantage of the God-given beauty we are given. Ask yourself this question, "Would God ever create something imperfect or ugly." NO absolutely not.

The only thing girls have to do is learn how to flatter themselves with the right style and cut of their clothes, the right hairstyle, and the right perspective on life. Seriously. Girls I love you. I want you to look good always and you have the absolute right to, so....go on and be beautiful.

EVERY WOMAN IS BEAUTIFUL. end of story.

Now you must watch one of the best transformations ever! I think she is just the cutest thing and I just can't handle how innocent she is. Check out her transformation, and the comments they make during it. At the end there is a very brief image of her with glasses on and SERIOUSLY she is adorable!


"the whole purpose of a dress is to make a girl feel pretty"

Ps. check out my friend's blog

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome post! I wish I had a clue of
    "what to wear". This girl at the end was soo cute, I love that she squeaks when she sees herself in the mirror. Adorable.
    P.S. you're absolutely right- your dad has done a fantastic job teaching you how to respect women! You're so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great trilogy, charlie!
    i've been thinking about this topic more since i've graduated and entered the big bad world as a single twenty-something year old woman. i have to say that compliments DO make a world of a difference. no one can MAKE you think you're beautiful, but if you hear nice things about yourself you can train your mind to focus on your attractive attributes. this way, when you're faced with an "omg eww" moment you literally flip a mental switch to say i will NOT belittle myself! the way you think about yourself is really demonstrated in all other aspects of your appearance. it's so important to start from within...
    anywho, love you! miss you! and wish you the best this semester.

    ciao, bello!

    jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through a friend's....just wanted to say that I completely agree with you, and it is very refreshing to read about the true beauty of women. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete