Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Washington Wedding Post 4 (FINALLY)

Finally

We started our VERY long journey back home. We stopped and grabbed a Starbucks for the road and off we went. 



We spent much of the trip listening to City of Bones..pretty good book actually. Very nice adventure and fantasy mixing.



We took pictures trying to capture the magic of seriously beautiful country.





 
We stopped in Idaho (just to make the trip longer jk, I might have been the instigator of the stop) We went to check out the Shoshone Falls, passing by the temple there on the way.




When we got to Shoshone Falls, we saw some Amish people as well ... and I am just immature enough to take a picture :)



I think these are the biggest water falls I have ever seen. It's probably the closest I will ever get to something like Niagara Falls.







Best part of this, there was a souvenir stand that said DVD's SOLD HERE. Really? DVD's of what exactly? Hey honey look at this new dvd I got today on my trip to Idaho (wife runs into the TV room on the way she here what seems to be static coming from the TV) Nope...It just a 50min dvd of running water. 


Oh and we saw a moose too. On the way in we thought it was a fake but when it was in a different part of the lot on the way back up the mountain we got a bit suspicious...
and then it turned...
and then we freaked out...


Oh and I didn't take a picture of this but just to prove how great of friends we really are, we carried seriously 85% of the wedding presents back with us in my car. And then had to unload them at the Ryan's new apartment. Nothing like making the all day trip just a little bit longer :)

Now for my readers who have actually gone through the previous posts and conclude with this final post of Washingtonian adventures you may ask yourself....So

 Well it was a super awesome trip and I learned some things about myself. I want to live somewhere more green than Utah and Colorado. I am a total city boy. It speaks to me. I get all Christmas-day-excited when strolling down the arts district. So a big super artsy city close to home is a must. Not so keen on how much rain their was...I think I would go stir crazy. And yes, some time I need to find a wife. I choose Pippa :)


1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure your "amish" people are jewish....they had the little hat thingies that I don't know how to spell..."yamakas?"

    ReplyDelete