Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Washington Wedding Post 1

Preface To Epic Post: 

I may be a little behind on my blogging but hopefully this series of posts will make up for it. I took a TON of pictures as you will soon see. And to be honest, I do not feel like Photoshopping everything to make me look like a better picture-taker. So you get all the raw footage. 

Also please realize, this was all VERY funny at the moment we did it.

AND also realize, I was VERY sick this weekend and only recently have I felt any form of improvement.

Road Trip #1 of Summer 2011

Erik and I drove up to the Seattle area on Friday to witness one of our good mission friend's marriage. Yes, we are quite possibly the bestest of best friends driving 13-or-so hours each way........

So we started this trip in my little white Nissan Sentra: Lola (like *English Accent* Charlie and Lola--a children's TV show).

So...just a few days before, I had come down with a little cold and I was questioning if I should go or not. Sure it crossed my mind but I was not going to miss this opportunity to be apart of a very dear friends wedding. So I grabbed a bag full of nasal decongestants and 800ml Ibuprofen and off we went.


We stopped only for gas and to use the little men's room :) AND to see another mutual companion of ours in Boise :)


Nothing to terribly eventful on the way up. Oh, but we did buy two audio books seeing as how we are both reading up a storm (okay him more than me) this summer. After reading too many reviews very late the night before, the first book we listened to was call The Graveyard Book. Wow. Was that ever the crappiest book I've ever listened to. There were perhaps three chapters in which anything plot oriented happened...which made the other chapters really....really wreaking of juvenile literature.

OH YA.....

So we are driving along through Idaho, Oregon and just after Washington's border (ps GORGEOUS scenery up there, seriously just beautiful stuff) we hit stand-still traffic. We assumed that there must have been an accident or something. Up until that point we had made excellent time so it was alright.

 (Warning...I'm just gonna tell it like it is)

Well as luck would have it, I have to pee every 240 miles or so and we would gas up our car about every 300. I'm a guy. So I hold it the rest of the way, which only USUALLY turns out to be about an hour (or less :) So there we were in traffic, right around the 250 mark and I had to go. Really, and I mean really stand still traffic. Oh wait, we just passed a sign that said construction next 13 miles. You have got to be kidding. The construction traffic was so backed up we had no idea until like 30min in. Well I'm thinkin, wow, we have a nice RAIN storm goin on outside, rivers and lakes all over, this may be quite difficult to hold. Meh, I can do it. I also REALLY had the urge to go in one of the many hundreds of trees lining the highway. It would make that much more of a story. Erik could drive with the flow of the traffic and I would catch up. I seriously thought about this people!


Well as much as I did/didn't want to be "that guy" I decided to wait it out. We looked on my SWEET AWESOME IPHONE MAP and saw where the nearest restroom-promising-exit might be. Traffic picked up at this point and we were going 60 again with only 8 miles before THE.....EXIT.....OF.....RELIEF ..IEF....ief....ief.


No, too good to be true, the EXACT same style traffic jam started up again. At this point I am dying. Seriously, I was already sick with a cold, I was achy, and I HAD TO PEE like nobody's business. Them trees were lookin mighty fine right about now. But I did not budge. Traffic finally started to move and we had like 4 more miles before the exit previously mentioned.


NOT until I spotted a Shell of to the side and made a few people mad as I got onto the exit ramp. I think I blacked out at that point but the next thing I new I walk in saloon style to the bathroom. Seriously people, I don't know if you know gas stations like this but all the stalls were saloon style doors. And think to myself, why don't we just have a bucket in our body to just dump out when it gets full. IT TOOK FOR EVER! AND it HURT and for the first time in my life I did not feel the sweet relief of a bathroom experience...:)


I walk out of that Shell with my right hand perched on my lower back, pressing those saloon doors open as I walk to the car. I felt (and looked I'm sure) like a pregnant woman. Erik took over the driver's seat and I cocked the chair back to lay down. I was in A-LOT of pain. Before we shoved off I got some 800ml of Ibuprofen in me to shut that pain up.

ooooooh bessy that hurt.

That night my little iphone (the which I must name because he is so awesome) got us safely to our destination where Justin was waiting for us. We were put up in the neighbors home (the neighbors of his soon to be wife) who had decided to leave town. All of Justin's party was at this home and let me tell you what, there was definitely enough room.


This is actually the house, it was really really big on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment