Monday, April 30, 2012

Caution: An Over Usage of Exclamation Points Were Used in the Making of this Post

BLACKPOOL!!!!

OMAGOSH




So some background for ya. In Winter 2010 I auditioned for the Ballroom Dance Company and made it (beginning team). I thought I was on cloud nine every day I was at team. So stoked. Such a blessing. I remember feeling completely inadequate and just tried to prove myself on that team every day. I continued on to do the Spring and Summer teams to get more experience with this ballroom formation business... it was definitely a new thing for me. I got moved to the 1 o'clock team (intermediate) the following year and again just so grateful for that! Then I was moved onto the Back Up team last year and was SO grateful for that..and had that sinking feeling...you know...the feeling you get of it's now or never....this is it....

The whole year I tried to do everything I could to improve my dancing, be a good team member and grow as a person. Well it all payed off.


We were told the list (or email) was going to be posted as soon as grades were up. Grades were up on Thursday and their was A TEXT ..!!.. and AN EMAIL ... that said it would be posted later....

BLAST

Well the official statement was "by the beginning of next week" so I just selfishly interpreted that to be before Monday ...

Well Saturday night I was watching a movie with another member of the Back Up team who was (like everyone on team) trying not to think about move-ups. I got a text that said "Please check your email" from a certain team director and I knew...this was it....this email would tell me yay or nay. ..

...bah....

I didn't want to say anything yet to the other team member sitting right next to me so, discreetly, I looked at my email on my phone and it said:

"Charlie, we are pleased to inform you that .a.dkfja @#$%s odifa sdlkfjasv m'as^$*%^ $^#era;  a;lkdj sfalos kfj ;laej ra;lej "

That's just what happens in your head when you read the word PLEASED and not regret or something like that. So I turn to the other team member and say,

"Hey um, you might want to check your email"
"What? Why...Omagosh..did you make it"
"Yes"
"Congrats...okay (cue deep breath)"
(I'm waiting REALLY hoping she made it cause that would be SUPER awkward if not)
"WAHOOO!!!"

Cue dance jigs and laughter, screaming, slapping each other (that's just what I do when I get excited about things...ask my roommates) calling of the familials...

Yes. I did it. After HOURS AND HOURS of practice for two and a half years, money never seeing my bank account, AWESOME coaches and mentors, AWESOME UNFORGETTABLE AMAZING partners, NO social life (seriously thought)...and ya...It actually happened.


Long term goals are hard to set, especially those with deadlines cause when the deadlines come..so does the reaping...

Well. I know its gonna be hecka difficult. Especially Blackpool year because we have a title to defend, and it will be my first year, and I'm just going into it ready and prepared to be picked on.

Oh and I have another partner. CRAZY huh?! Not like I do this every year....AND I never ever go into a partnership thinking...one year and that's all. Actually I would much prefer to stick with the same partner. It would require a heck of a lot less choreography lessons...but I AM SO EXITED for it. And as far as I can tell..there would be no reason for me to switch next year. Oh and did I mention we will be touring England, Germany, Switzerland and mayby Austria?!?! what the what?!?!

AND MOST importantly...I will be able to serve more with this talent I have been able to develop. True, I love the perks but that is going to be the BESTEST perk ever. Serving through dance.. I mean seriously does it get any better...I submit to you that it does not.


{Sir Charles III}

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! What a great goal you have reached. Thank you for posting this in such a way that I could read and was so involved in your joy and anticipation. I think what you have said about serving is spot on! It does not get any better than that... especially, like me, I get to teach my girls dance. Love you much and am so happy for you! Can't wait to see you perform!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you Charlie!!! Thank you for sharing your whole experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!! Congrats on all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete