Saturday, September 25, 2010

Um...The Second Post

Don't judge....its a great title.

I just decided I needed to post again. You know, kinda like when you decide you should write in your journal. Okay so update:

Relationship # 1
A couple weeks ago I broke up with a wonderful girl. We met last year in a ballroom class and started to practice with each other...often...outside of class. It was great. At the beginning of this year we started competing together, thus practicing together and I most definitely wasn't complaining :)

Well soon after we (she) decided to stop dancing with each other and start seriously dating.

Well we dated for a couple months. Loving to be with her. I don't know how much she enjoyed watching SYTYCD, or any of the other shows we watched together. I loved just being in the same room as her.


We liked to go to movies, out to eat every now and then, and hugging, lots and lots of hugging.

In the end, it was difficult to break up because nothing was wrong. The only problem was I "didn't know." I didn't know what I wanted. I didn't know why I didn't want to go on with the relationship but it just didn't seem right. So we decided to take a break.

Relationship # 2
Dancing. Yes, it is slightly my life. And as much as I don't like to admit it: it's a drug. I started dancing with this absolutely exceptional lady. We had a great time learning routines and practicing together.

Never taking ourselves to seriously. :)

We competed a few times, placing nicely in Vegas and other competitions. Dancing with her was a thrill. We realized our potential in the Smooth division and really took to it. I decided that continuing to dance with her would be detrimental to both our competitive careers. So I broke it off with her in the hopes that the two of us could find partners that would improve our abilities and push us further.

Life is about relationships. If I could ask for one super power (as we so often are in interviews and functions where girls are present) it would be the knowledge and wisdom to know what to do in all situations. One of my roommates mentioned that we do have that power.

Prayer. Well, as true as that is, I don't trust myself as much as Heavenly Father trusts me. Sometimes I just want to know the right decision at all times. Which girls to go after and which are not worth my time. Which major to pursue. Our loving Heavenly Father often times lets us make those decisions, knowing that many decisions just require effort and faith.

What would life be like if we couldn't have fun learning from the wrong choices we make.

I guess if I could re-title this article it would be relationships.

------Lawrence------

No comments:

Post a Comment