Monday, January 3, 2011

A Few Thoughts to Start Winter Semester

1) Might I just say my job is freaking fantastic. For those of you who don't know, I am the Volunteer Coordinator for the University Accessibility Center. The UAC is in charge of accommodating students at BYU according to their disability (which range from emotional, social, and physical disabilities of varying degrees). My main job is to recruit new volunteers and use those volunteers to help students out. 


Today was New Student Orientation for transfer students, returned missionaries and other classifications of freshman. (Here's the point of my blabbering) I love people watching. I saw such a variety of confidence, clothing styles and personalities. It was definitely not boring. The parents taking their kids around to the different booths, the I'm to cool for school California Girls, the nerds, the social outcasts, the RM's, the RM's who are rooming with their companions, and on.

2) Ballroom competitions are right around the corner. My partners and I have begun scheduling practice times and lessons. All I can say is...let the drama begin. Nationals are in about a month and a half...BAH!! It seems like just yesterday we had forever to prepare. Nope. I think the first competition is in like 3 weeks or so. Sick. I desperately want my couples to do well and I am optimistic as to how most of the practices are going. 

3) I am dirt poor. Welcome to the life of a college student right? Shoot dawg. No 'spesive dates for me. Hope the girls like inventive dates, my home cooking, and the Glen'hood' sheeeoooooot.

4) I was thinking, what are some of the best things about starting a new semester. 
a - Cleaning out last semesters assignments and notes!
b - getting clean, interesting, heavy new books (I know the price sucks, but they are slightly intriguing little devils)
c - Cleaning the apartment in general, getting all your ducks in a row
d - New classes ... which means new people to look at ... :)

{Sir Charles III}

1 comment: