Thursday, January 20, 2011

"I'm Flying"


So as I mentioned earlier, I have been trying to read classic literature. Over about a week ago I finished reading J. M. Barrit's Peter Pan. Low and behold, BYU was performing their adaptation this weekend.


I grabbed a buddy of mine and we snatched some tickets just earlier this week. Tonight (thursday) was just about the only night that worked for us so I had to find a girl quick. Yesterday on my way home I called a girl I had been meaning to ask out for a while but never had the courage/time to do so (even this time..I had to take a deep breath before I called her). She graciously said yes (with so little notice....much to kind to me) and needless to say it made my night. 


The show was pretty good. I would have tweaked the set a bit and one or two costumes. Overall I think they did a pretty good job. Peter Pan was fantastic. The choreography, the playfulness of the cast, and the overall vocals made the show extra awesome. I had seen the Cathy Rigby rendition and I have to say..

 
...it was similar in many a good way. They changed a few things which where kinda fun. Like instead of having the twins as lost boys, they had Asian triplets that couldn't say their L's...very appropriately done. It was clever to say the least. Another favorite of ours was Tiger Lily...she was a little show stealer..REALLY fantastic dancer and all. And seriously...look at that costume! SAWEET!


I must say, I REALLY enjoyed myself on the double date.
... :)....
Vediamo ragazzi, vediamo

Check this out..they interviewed our group. WE'RE FAMOUS :)



1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Peter Pan!
    Did you find the book to have SO much more in than you would have imagined at first? :) Much darker and so bittersweet, no? Barrie could really play on both sides of the 'hood [child/adult] for sure.

    If you need more Pan, check out these two books - both are terrific.
    A story based on Barrie’s own idea for more:
    Click!
    And a great 'What if?' adventure (but it's not for the kids!): Click!
    BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete