Sunday, January 2, 2011

The New Year

Alright everyone, I know that I said this would be up yesterday, but I had to plan the only good party in Provo, which was a task let me tell you :)

So lets look back on 2010

BALLROOM - I made it on the BYU Ballroom team and got moved up, subsequently I made it into the higher technique classes. My ballroom partners are all fantastic dancers...la maggior parte sono buone ragazze :) I have begun to make a name for myself in the Ballroom world...pian piano...it will happen !!!!


MAJOR - After switching from Music Dance Theatre, to Business Management, International Relations, Linguistics, and the like, I finally decided on a major. I took the classes over the summer to get accepted into the program and after all was filled out, written up and turned in....I MADE IT. I am officially a Communications Major; Emphasis in Public Relations with Minors in Ballroom Dance and Italian. So they are all slightly disconnected, I am okay with that :)

DATING - I dated people. I went on a lot of dates. I met a lot of new people. It was not a completely fruitless year.

JOB - Still have it :)

INCEPTION - I think I understand it.

 
Accomplishments all in their own right. But, I've been thinking, New Year Resolutions are slightly revealing. Actually they are really revealing. When you tell someone your resolutions, you are in a way telling them, 'I suck at this' or 'I don't like this about myself' or 'This has been on my mind a lot lately and I need to do better.' Yep. So just know, I've got a bit to work on too. Here's some things I would like to have happen this year. (Some serious, others not so much) All confessions one way or the other.


1) Move out of Glenwood!! Two years is long enough
2) Get on the Back-Up Ballroom Team. I think this is totally possible
3) Eat more healthy. I'm always striving to be healthy. I just wanna feel my age, not 20 years older.
4) Read my scriptures daily. I have been majorly, majorly slacking on this and its about time I do better
5) More prayer. 
6) Temple attendance.
7) Read good literature. Already doing this one. I love reading. Someone should ban me from bookstores when I don't have money because, I just love buying books!!
8) Be an EFY counselor. SO excited for this. I have my interview in two weeks
9) Be more adventurous. I was so busy with ballroom this last semester, I really had not time to branch out in the friend department and it was difficult to find people to hang with after Dancesport was over.
10) Learn to play the Guitar! YA I got a guitar for Christmas and I am seriously so excited about it. No I do not play the guitar, but I have always always wanted to! 
11) Make a Demo CD. I really wanted to do it this year but I just didn't get around to it. I have to many talented friends to let this slide by me again anyways. I figure, I want to remember how I used to sound when I am old and gray...and if I play the guitar, that would be really, really cool!
12) Be more hardcore in my studying. Ya..its a proven fact...I will not be able to do all these things at once but I will most definitely try. (They say there are three 'S's in college, two of which you can choose from. Sleep, Study, Social Life)
13) Stop judging people too quickly. Ooooh this is a bad one on my part. Once you've made your impression with me I kinda stick to it. You'll always be remembered as 'that guy' or 'that girl' unless you do some serious damage control (which is absolutely possible...but most people don't think or care about it)
14) The inevitable....find a woman (So...be a better future husband)

I think this list is fairly all inclusive. I will naturally not limit myself to these things but I do want to be a better person. Christmas and New Years have helped me realize that I like to be humble. I like to take a step back and realize, I could be so much better. I could accomplish so much more. I'm just lazy and need to discipline myself.

{Sir Charles III}

No comments:

Post a Comment