Friday, January 7, 2011

Tired of Looking

First things first...wow. I logged on today and checked out my stats (which is a guilty pleasure of mine yes its true. It makes me feel important when people from other countries are happening onto my blog :) Don't laugh, I am very easily entertained. Well anyways, I was absolutely SHOCKED! I looked at my stats and thought that maybe I had accidentally logged on to someone else's blog. Usually, I have a meager 2-10 people who check it out on sort of an hourly basis or so. 


Well the stats range was all off. I realized yesterday at approximately 11:00 some 47 posts were read (by anywhere between 1-47 people). I was like....DAaaaaang. It sure did make me smile. (Don't laugh, I don't have that many friends :) So I went back to see if someone hacked onto my account and posted something embarrassing. Nope. Just normal ol' me. So for whatever reason it might have been, thank you readers :)

So. I have a few posts I want to put up but I must pace myself. Here goes this one. 

I AM SICK of being programmed to look. Okay, this is a love hate relationship with Provo/BYU culture. For instance:

I love : the fact that you can go on several dates a week with different girls (and likewise the girls do the same thing :)
I love : the fact that there are SO many free activities to do like dances, international cinema, and ALL the inventive things we come up with... (I got some more very sweet things in my back pocket)
I love : the extremely nice nature of most people on campus, holding doors for people is habit, smiling at other people on campus that you pass by frequently but don't have the faintest idea what there name is :)
I love : how legit my education is to the real world (PR and Ballroom)

I love/hate : the fact that I am programmed to be on this constant search for a wife. Every now and again I wish I could just turn it off. Have fun. And I mean I do, but at the back of my head I'm still thinkin, "You best get married soon boy!"
I love/hate : the fact that I am programmed to LOOK. And I'm talkin' about the quick gaze we all do to the inevitable left hand ring finger. As soon as you think someone is cute, you spend the next 5-20 min (in class, partying, etc) trying to get a glimpse.

(I won't right the hate...I'm not in a hatin' mood today but there are some things I would change)

Some days I just want to turn it off. (okay I just spelled 'turn,' 'tearn' man that's bad). Every now and again, I really think we are getting brainwashed. Check out this on BYU's homepage.


Seriously a HUGE picture on the front page, it's like "Hey. Remember? You're still not married :) A message brought to you by, The Bubble." 

Sorry whoever you are, but you have become my model Utah-Poof-typical-girl, getting your M.R.S. degree
 And to make matters worse, I am fairly certain the operator's hold music is the wedding march........yes...this is not a lie. Don't get me wrong. I do want to get married. Some day I will devote a post solely to the fact that I get really jealous when I'm around people with cute babies (emphasis on cute :)

And the venting is over....phew 

{Sir Charles III}

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog.
    I also love looking at the stats page. :)

    ReplyDelete