Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Turn-Offs

Listen Girls:

Guys talk more than girls think they do. Especially after their missions because well...we've matured a bit. Anyways, just as a little warning..I know girls have their "turnoff" pet peeves that guys do. Well news flash! Guys do to. I've been trying to keep track of all the things us guys have been saying behind closed doors and let me just say, we are all on the same page. (This will be updated periodically as I remember other things).


- DO NOT!! ACT LIKE A FRESHMAN!! There is a difference between being a freshman and acting like one. Giggling amongst you and your little friends about some inside joke you have is VERY unattractive. The correct way to handle the situation is a quick look or nod in their direction and then talk to them later about it. Do not draw attention to the fact that you are a freshman...believe me if you're one of those your just asking for it.
- (Which reminds me) NO GIGGLE FESTS Please don't misinterpret this, we are big fans of girls with a sense of humor. But going off on giggle fests of unintelligible conversations SOLELY between you and your girls VERY unattractive :)
- NO CAT LOVERS nuf said
- THOSE WHO ARE STILL UNDER MOMMY AND DADDY'S THUMB Realize, we can overlook this little detail. But when your parents run your life, or pay for everything, or tell you, your not aloud to do something...It's kinda like GROW UP you're in college for heaven's sake :) Supportive parents, AOKAY, controlling parent...mmmmmm no. How is the guy suppose to step between that? :)
- NOT DRESSING UP FOR A DATE Yes I have experience with this. We were going out, it was chilly, I had a nice sweater and scarf on and I go to pick up the girl....holes in the shoes? really? She knew far enough in advance to know how to dress for the date as well. How you dress, shows the guy how much you care about going out with him. So okay, maybe she was trying to send a very clear message :) MESSAGE RECEIVED
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
- DISRESPECTING MY PARENTS/FAMILY Listen honey, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You disrespect them, you disrespect me. When I introduce my parents to you, you become their new best friends. My parents are VERY likable so this should not be a problem. My brothers, you should love more than me.
- COMMENTING ON YOUR WEIGHT You may have this thought process. "Oh I'll mention how fat I am so that he knows I'm trying to get thinner." Just SHUT UP!!! NO guy wants to hear about your diet or how fat you are. NO GUY!!! It's an instant turn off.
- BE INTELLECTUAL You might remember back in High School the cool thing to do was act dumb or something. Well to tell you the truth, it never really worked but it just makes it that more obvious that either you're a freshman or you're not worth my time. 
- GIRLS DANCING WITH EACH OTHER Why? Why do you? Is it because the guys can't dance? Well I'm sorry, maybe its because the girls start dancing with each other and most guys don't have enough courage to step-in. So, grab a guy, watch him squirm as you both flirt with each other....so much more romantic :) 
- (to be continued)


Now realize, we can look past many of these things if we are forced to (and by forced I mean, she is a CATCH!) but generally speaking, please refrain from mentioning, or doing anything on the above mentioned list.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed on all points.

    May I add one:
    Girls who think they are beautiful and overplay it with the attitude: "I'm beautiful so you should adore me." I'm a fan of the "know who you are" type, but when they try to command all attention or even announce their own beauty, I just want to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and might I add when they always have to talk....My heavens....really, do we need to talk again? We talked last night for 2 hours and I didn't get to bed?? again?

    ReplyDelete