Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Why Blog?

It's so bad. I have this paper I should be writing right now and my week is not getting any less busy. Tomorrow I help the students in the class I TA for with their medal exams...hope to remember the routine + routine + routine. Tomorrow night I have a little performance for the social dance lab + restarting to practice with partners in preparation for Nationals in March. Thursday helping a friend out, up in Aspen Grove, then off to see Tangled and what all the hubbub is about. Friday..well, I'm sure there was something, oh yes I have ballroom lessons in Lindon...and nope..no dates. Saturday donating plasma and another performance in Orem with the team. 


 So why am I blogging, well I'm not sure why anyone blogs. What makes us feel like our lives are so important to publish? Acting as if something important happens in our ordinary lives. Promulgating the mundane into an unrealistic reality...and yes I just used that word correctly. We all wish our lives were as interesting as those blogs and secretly we hope that people will understand us better through them. 


Okay you wanna know something that always crosses my mind. Who are we? I don't mean Sunday school answers because I've known that since forever. I mean, are we the person we portray to our friends and co-workers? Or how about those moments of reflection when no one is around to vent to? When we toss theories of life around in our heads. How superficial are we? How emo are we?

Procrastination is blogging.
 
{Sir Charles}

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate that you blog while procrastinating... ha it gives me something to read while I procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete