Saturday, November 27, 2010

I'm Mr. Lonely...

This is not meant to be a "woe-as-me" post, but I talk to my roommates about this all the time. Absolutely no one should take offense to this post, I do not mean to offend anyone....oh what the h...here it goes.

So I used to go out on a lot of dates. yep..not any more. That's all. And it's a bit irritating. Okay, so we can absolutely blame this on me, after all it is the man's fault. Let's be honest. But this is my blog: I can have bad grammar if I want, I can spell words as I please, I can certainly act like things are not my fault if I want :)

So, I stopped dating a really wonderful girl because it had gotten to the point where BIG decisions needed to be made. We collectively didn't feel like that was the way we wanted to go. The best part of that end was that we didn't call it a break-up. I hate some of the grammatics and wording we use so loosely: break-up, girlfriend, boyfriend...DTR. Well we called it "taking a break" all though we both knew that we were ending. But we have remained great friends, we still care about each others' lives, family.. its the best way any relationship could end.


I started dating shortly after and it was a TON of fun. Only problem, every girl I was dating had a boyfriend. Not my problem if they were flirting with me. Seriously though, it was slightly odd. I would go home, be grilled by my roommates and the conversation would end with, "but she has a boyfriend" or "she's trying to get back with a boyfriend." I don't know why it was like that,...well. I do. Ask any normal guy and he will tell you, the hard-to-get-girl is always more desirable. And, I can't help it if they flirt with me.

Well, I started to get sick of the whole situation. I didn't feel like I wanted to date any of the girls I was hanging out with, predominately because I wouldn't want my girlfriend flirting with other guys. So...I stopped hanging with all those girls and took time to figure myself out.
 
Well the conclusion I came to is: I'm just not mature enough for it. Honestly, I think I have decided that I'm okay with not being engaged like every other guy out there. I have a lot of things I'm working on in my personal life and there is not time like the present to set new goals and higher standards (for myself).


{Sir Charles}

No comments:

Post a Comment