Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dancesport = Finito

Wait...I have a life?

Yessir Dancesport is over and now I am realizing how much time I have. So overview of the Competition:

Friday went alright. We competed in the Novice Latin division where we went through three of the six rounds. We thought about it afterwords and we figured out we did beat half of the Latin competitors :) Sure, half of them beat us but still. There are a few couples that we feel we can most definitely beat and in time I am sure that we will beat them. After all, my partners and I have only been dancing together for two months.We also danced in the PreChampionship Ballroom division, we made it to the Quarter Final round I believe.


Saturday was when we expected to be a little more profitable. We competed in the Novice Ballroom division which we felt we would do fairly well at. We made the final round and felt we could place fourth out of seven. Well we placed seventh out of seven which was a tad depressing when in the past we had beaten some of the couples there. VERY cool part about that final round was that we got to walk out on the RED CARPET!! I felt like a PRO!! The PreChamionship Smoooth division went a little less than what we had hoped. We made the Semifinal round and felt like we had a fighting chance to be in the final but yet again there was something about how we danced that wasn't exceptional. The PreChampionship Latin rounds were fun. We made it past one round which was a definitely an accomplishment for us :)


So now we come away with a new perspective on our performance level. I am overall pleased with how my partners and I did. More excited for future competitions and more trophies since I was one placement away from two trophies :( It was great to watch the upper divisions and picture myself there in a year or so. I love ballroom. I love the way it feels and the fact that when you do win or get passed a round or so...you know that it is thanks to you and your partner. There's no team involved. I like that about Ballroom..it is definitely self fulfilling. I see where my potential is and it is only frustrating to not be there yet, but comforting to know that I CAN improve still.

And...I have a life again. I can get to know my ward. Go on dates. Get back into the routine studying, sleeping, etc. It's about time as well, the semester is almost over!! ONE more month and I am home free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment