Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Snowball Effect

Funniest story of this past month. Okay actually don't get your hopes up but it was oh so very classic. 
I love my dear sweet roommates. Their quirky characteristics and awesome personalities would delight many a fair maiden. I have one roommate in particular that will be central to this lovely tale, we will call him James.

James is a wonderful RM who is very dedicated to his major, video games, and making people laugh. Well, there once was a girl, we will call her Lilly. Lilly and James found each other intriguing :)

James and his roommates would often gather in the living room for rousing deep conversations of Youtube videos, or perhaps watch movies together with the projection screen said James bought. It was in these situations that the love sparks started.


Have you ever witnessed or been subject to the knee-on-the-thigh-hand-holding-hint. Well so had his roommates. James and Lilly had given each other the above mentioned hint several times, at the same time, and all of us roommates knew it. The scenario would be as follows, Lilly and James on the couch watching a movie. One of us roommates sees this and runs to the back room to talk to the other guys about it...what a bunch of girls...


One night, I walked in and Lilly and James were watching a movie on the sheet we bought from DI for the projector. I briskly run to the back and leave the two lovebirds in peace. In run my roommates who all want to talk about the beautiful couple we have in our front room. We all laugh about their conspicuous hands on their respective thighs. Mind you, the vent in my room is shared with that of the front room (where L and J reside). We realize this after laughing and making fun of how awkward they both must feel. So...we take advantage of it and begin singing our personal a capella rendition of "Kiss the Girl" with substitutions to "Hold Her Hand" :) 


Although it was by far one of the best renditions I had ever heard...one of the roommates went to check, and they sadly did not get the memo. We began bribing and egging each other on to go and make the two hold hands. Perhaps through example as we sat right in front of them and held each others hands or maybe by force :) Nobody would do anything so we left the matter at that and began our respective studies in our respective rooms. That is until my very good friend the Yellow Gazelle came over and started the whole conversation again :)

If you are a returned missionary you will probably understand this better. Because of the amount of stress missions put missionaries through, an extremely tight bond is made to the point where if your companion needs you at any time night or day, you're there. We tried to convince each other to force the holy hand matrimony and in the end succeeded with the classic "I'll do it if you do it." All the roommates in the back heard and walked behind us, waiting in the doorway to see if we would do it. 

 
 Unfortunately at that moment, the front room wasn't only limited to the love birds, but a very awkward roommate happened to be standing there? doing what? heaven knows (their are rules to being a roommate, first and foremost is: You do not decide to watch your favorite movie while someone else is on a very exclusive date.) AND a very awkward girl in the ward. Seriously people?!?! you weren't invited so don't invite yourselves.

Needless to say the YG and I sat on either side of Lilly and James and proceeded to grab their hands and force their union. Naturally, James was slightly embarrassed, even enraged at our actions. We all giggled to our rooms and celebrated with high-fives. I did require a bowl of cereal later and when I went out to get it....they were still holding each others hand. 

 
Now, am I sorry for the awkward situation I created...yes. Do I regret my actions ABSOLUTELY NOT. 

OH AND they have not been separated since, AND gratefully YG and I did not need to force a kiss. They got that on their own :) and then some :)


{FINE}
{no person was hurt in the making of this blog}

4 comments:

  1. Me as well. We need to copyright that version of our song by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU for posting this blog post AND for doing the aforementioned acts so that this post could be written. haha I was cracking up thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Charlie. I think I need to come hang out with you this Winter. I just love you.

    ReplyDelete