Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas in Italy (Part 2)

This post is just too big, so here goes some more.

The food in Italy is buonissimo! There is absolutely nothing like it and the
Christmas season is no different is no different. 

Panettone is alright. There sure is a lot of it around. If nothing else, the missionaries always have a year supply of this. Filled with little raisins and fruit, eating this with a little bit of Nutella for breakfast is just fine.

Pandoro is soooo much better :) Yes, it is COVERED in powdered sugar. One of my favorite memories with this was when we bought some Nutella (imagine that) and whipped cream....
okay it was like FAT in every bite...SO AWESOME!!!

Torrone is not that crap you think it is that you buy at Walmart.
It's homemade, you buy it by the kilo, and it is worth it..oh yes.

Caramelle or sweets. Around times of festivals (and Christmas is no exception) the piazzas are filled with carts full of candies. The people who work here are familiar with the missionaries
so it was always fun to stop in and say hello.


1 comment:

  1. I'm drooling...can I please just move there? Now?
    I think I can. I just need your Italian dictionary please and I'll be on my way.

    ReplyDelete