Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Women's Day


Before I post the blog I've been working on, I had to post a little shout out to the women. Today is Woman's Day and I don't think we celebrate this too much in America. In Italy they give out Mimosa blossoms, specifically the yellow ones. 

I remember in Gorizia, we would help this older gentleman with his yard work on a weekly basis. When it came time for 8 Marzo, everyone came over to his house because of the Mimosa tree he had, and grab a couple branches. 


Auguri per la festa della donna...I found these two phrases that I really liked so enjoy or translate as you see fit.

"Tanti auguri con tutto il cuore e siate sempre di buonumore, perche' voi donne siete un fiore e con un sorriso rallegrate il nostro cuore"

"La donna uscì dalla costola dell'uomo non dai piedi per essere calpestata, nè dalla testa per essere superiore. Ma dal lato per essere uguale, sotto il braccio per essere protetta e accanto al cuore per essere amata."

No comments:

Post a Comment