Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An Attempt at Deep Thoughts

It's been a while since I've actually posted something worth reading. Yes if you want to see what I have been up to check this site out for videos of this year's national ballroom competition.

So what is there to write about that I haven't already touched on. I have a personal vendetta against anti-BYU people: the reasons continue to grow with every uneducated, unsubstantiated, STUPID comment they make. We all know my life is kind of ... well really overrun with Ballroom. But I'm okay with that. I have a personal obsession with giving advice on maturity. So, lets talk about something controversial like Break-Ups....or not. Actually I promised myself I would never intentionally write anything on my blog that would hurt someones feelings. I know that if I were to write it with the best of intentions, something would be taken out of context. So...off limits

Here goes.... I'm not the most open person.

No, I am not trying to be emo, and no I don't need counseling. But if you could grant me a few moments of deep reflection. Actually I would venture to say that most people have that deep dark somewhere inside themselves that few if anyone is aloud to know about. Why?

Well I'm just going to speak from a personal standpoint and hopefully it echoes with some of you out there. Friends of mine know I love to be a listening ear. I try and give you not just the "what you wanna hear" but a little something more. I know, how much more vague can I be. Let me illuminate. When I listen to your problems, your worries, your fears, your heartaches and your dreams I'm gonna tell you honestly where you might have made a mistake, where you lack in confidence, and perhaps the TRUTH of what you're afraid of.

Lets run with this for a bit. The TRUTH. When you are worried about school and homework are you really worried about getting that 5 page paper done? Probably not. Seriously who cares? BUT you do care that you maintain your GPA for your scholarship or you worry about a future employer looking at a copy of your transcript. So future stuff right?

Behind every question is the real question. Every time you ask your besty a question, a true besty will not answer or give advice before they understand the REAL question. Be honest with yourself now.


When we are on the giving or receiving end of a break up (oh snap here it comes) why does it hurt so bad? Well this one actually has a lot of layers so here it comes: your scared you learned nothing, your scared you invested all that emotional energy in vain, your scared there's no one else, your scared of what other people will think, your scared there is something flawed in your personality or appearance

etc etc etc
   
The TRUTH is, don't worry about it. To quote Carlotta, "Dis tings do appen!" or better, marriage WILL happen. AND if we prepare ourselves, as we all know we should, they will be the absolute bestest best person ever.

So lets pull this full circle and confuse the crap out of all you; I'm not a very open person. Everyone has that deep down somewhere. Those skeletons no one knows about it. The place we protect because it is too close to our heart. I think its awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Love your comments....the advice for others stuff......sorry you got that from me. I do it all the time and hope it helps......not always what they want to hear.

    Daddy-o

    ReplyDelete