Saturday, March 19, 2011

Back into the Swing of Things

Don't worry everyone, my next post will be an overview of how I fared at DanceSport. For now I just wanted to get a few things on the blog about getting back to real life.

After a weekend like DanceSport of ups and downs, it was very difficult to completely grasp the fact that there is about a month left to the semester. Meaning. I have at least an additional paper, exam, or presentation before their final counterparts at the end of the semester. BAH!

It is difficult to find the motivation to do these papers and presentations because I don't necessarily know the type of job I want. I mean, I LOVE the Public Relations major at BYU. I love the classes, the style of instruction, and I am fairly certain there is not a major more suitable to my talents (that pays as much in the long run) ...what to do once I'm done -- another story. (There was a great motivational speaker that came and talked to us about internships, lets just say I'm excited but I'll fill in more later).

The technique classes are a little difficult to control considering Nationals is over. It seems that there is not much to look forward to, or work towards. So it is with practicing. I feel an empty hole of personal expression that lately was filled with dance. I find myself samba walking through grocery stores, lifting my hip to rumba walk anytime I am standing talking with someone, or practicing a throw away over sway whenever I see a reflection.

A social life? Ya, um that's slightly difficult after you've spent around three hours outside of school and work each day practicing. I hardly know people in my ward. Just about everyone in the ballroom world is engaged or dating someone. So I am left to get back to my studies I suppose.

I can't wait for the semester to be over. I can't wait to lay outside by the pool. Read a few books. Sleep in. Make money.

2 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for not knowing anyone in the ward...everyone here is engaged or dating someone, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can also hang out/study with me Charlie. I don't know anyone and the people I do know on the aggregate are dating/engaged to that "special someone." Gag.

    = )

    ReplyDelete