Sunday, March 6, 2011

StoneGaze

This is looking down
This is my new ballroom face. Apparently my biggest problem in ballroom currently is my addiction to looking down. Today at a lesson with one of my favorite coaches, we were working on the Smooth dances (Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot and Viennese Waltz). After showing our Tango to Michael, we went up to him and asked what we could bandage up before the weekend competition....drum roll please....I look down WAY to much in the Tango. Earlier this week I had a lesson with him as well and we worked on keeping my head up...and I mean way up while I dance. Now you may be thinking, Sir Charles, why on earth would you look down while you dance. I would respond, I don't. In ballroom anything at or below a straight leveled head is looking down. Its true! I watched a couple do it today and it was so distracting.



So back to our lesson, we proceeded to walk through our tango routine and he pointed out every. moment. that. I. looked. down. Which was a lot. Dang. I was addicted. My coach said I needed to go to the DA (Downlookers Anonymous) to get over my addiction. Now, I am formally announcing that I have decided to cut back. I am only allowed to look down twice in that Tango. I'm going cold turkey people. There's no looking back....or down.

 







We call this new look of mine StoneGaze (in memorium to Zoolander's BlueSteal). So forever more I shall be known as Sir Charles III Commander of StoneGaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment