Thursday, April 14, 2011

Death to that Infernal Class!!!!

WOW!


Today is really it...
I am kind of beside myself to tell you the truth. Its like really over. No more classes just tests and presentations. WeIrD.

Nope...still not kicking in.

But just thought I would follow suit of a friend and in much shorter words...let you know how awesome today was. So I woke up today with an uncontrollably happy attitude. No reason. It was too early for my conscious to understand that today was the last day of school. Was it the sun? Was it how I slept? All I knew was today was a day for a cookies and milk breakfast. Now I know I pull this a lot but, Italians do it all the time. They have cookies specifically made for breakfast. Off I went to school.

Well to work. As usual I chose sleep over completing my homework the night before. So I went to work on the last assignment. The last assignment of the last day of the last class of that INFERNAL CLASS. I am just going to give you a little bit of background, something I have been dying to do since this class started. Previously working with elementary school kids, the college atmosphere was very different for this professor. Unfortunately for us students, she doubted...just about everything that came out of our mouths. She wouldn't let us finish our thoughts, repeatedly tell us to not worry, italian is hard...pat us on the head, give us a lolly and put us down for a nana.

But SERIOUSLY

Everyday she would go over MLA format, the difference between notebook paper and printed paper (WHAT! yes...yes its true...). I just don't get this professor.

In fact, about a month ago I recorded what she was saying and have since transcribed it. I wasn't going to post it because I was waiting for one of her more memorable redundaties. But here it is word for word, talking about what we should do if we have questions. Because as college kids we don't know.

"Professor, I didn't understand this. Why did you correct this phrase? Send me an email if you don't have time to come. Because that is a... is a... because it helps you to write. This class, coming helps you to write better. But you have to work, you have to be working. I can't always be waiting to tell you oh look at this. You all see the problem, even with logistical analysis. Come to me. Or send me an email, or ask me a question in an email and say can you please explain this to me I didn't understand. What does coordinata mean? What is the congiunzione coordinativa? Like, see if. In the end its going to be much to late, in the moment we have the test."

GAH! So I'm gonna be honest, I didn't go to class a few days just cause I couldn't stand the confusion of her repetitiveness. A group of us have rotated bringing snacks to class because if we are going to be treated like kindergartners, I want MY SNAAAAACK!

There we were, last day, snacks getting passed around and cards on the table. Might I note, I am paying for my education and as long as I do not inhibit the education of others, LET ME DO WHAT I WANT. If I'm doing other homework and miss what you are saying. ITS MY FAULT. Don't ask the class, "Class, please. Eyes on me everyone. Can I get everyone's attention. uhhuh huh huh (her laugh is priceless)." So, there we were playing an honest game of scopa (italian card game) when she finally realizes it AFTER like 3 or 4 rounds of games. SERIOUSLY! So she was like,


"Are you two playing cards in my class" 
"Yes"
"...."
"What if someone comes into my class and sees you two playing cards?"
(our thoughts)"Well one, they would never, that only happens when little Julie gets sent to the principals office or Billy's mom is here to pick him up for a doctors appointment." AND "Well then at least someone would realize the uselessness of this class :) "

Forgive my extreme feelings on this matter. But class is over so here it goes. THAT was the BIGGEST waste of time Monday Wednesday and Friday. I had to relearn everything in that class because the teacher confused every principle she taught us. AND I'm just not being facetious. I'm getting a freaking A in that class it was such a WASTE.

Okay I'm done. Have a nice day.

4 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHA!!!! So is this why you are taking a break from Italian? Oh, and don't let me catch you and your "little" friend playing cards again...mister... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may or may not be siding with Charlie on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't even go there Erik. So who won?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. Oh man... I have heard about this teacher. I wonder how she got to be a Professor she shouldn't have passed observations.

    ReplyDelete