Thursday, February 17, 2011

Best Worst Day of My LIFE

No no, it was not Valentine's Day although I think I shall post about my Valentine's weekend later. The day I am speaking of is today (or it was until I waited to post this..so it was Tuesday technically)...yes that's right everyone, I finally have something to write about on this blog :)

A little Background: Yesterday, I skipped out of my two technique classes in order to have more time to work on the COUNTLESS assignments that had somehow piled up to an illusive deadline of the following morning: two at 10:00pm, one at 12:00pm, and then 2 more for my class at 9:30am. So I went home and put myself in a good study mood. With music playing and in the comfort of my own home, I began what would turn into approximately 11 hours of homework.

 
I wear glasses to trick myself into thinking I'm smarter than I am

I began by finishing my group project and emailing it to the saint who decided to do the collaboration. I continued on to a religion exam that I nearly aced (very happy about that).

And so began the very long night of research.

I was to write a paper (and presentation) about Payless ShoeSource's repositioning efforts a few years ago. The case text book I was working from guided me to several fashion websites, just in case I didn't understand fashion. Well, needless to say every so often I was distracted in my researching efforts as I would update myself on Valentino and Tommy Hilfiger's new lines..to name a few. The subject matter was fascinating, I just like clothes too much :) So I took breaks to get me back into a focused mood. I ate. I went through CNN.com, and off I went. Finally I had a really good run of motivational endorphins and worked until about 2:40 Tuesday morning. By this time I had completed approx. 3 pages (of the 5) and the beginning and end to my power point. It was at about 2:40 when I began to fall asleep uncontrollably. You know when you wake up like 2 min later and you're like, "What just happened" yes.. that is precisely what it felt like. Keep in mind the paper and project is due at 9:30.

Needless to say i decide to hit pillow and wake up at about 6:00. Plenty of time to get things done. Off to sleep I went...until I woke up.

And it was Sunny. 6:00 in the morning is not sunny...I wake up every morning at 6:00 and I KNOW this is wrong. So I look at the clock and it says 9:30. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH What could I do? My paper wasn't done, the presentation wasn't done, and my class had already started. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Well. In fewer words than I like to use..I kept my cool 

If this makes sense (which I hope it does) you probably laughed

After scrambling out the door with my forever heavy laptop I kept going over in my mind the very unprepared presentation I was to be giving. The teacher allows us to turn in an entirely new case, new paper if we don't like the grade we get on the first one and ...well I was going to have no other choice. At the same time, we had only one presentation to give so I am trying to use some non-existent-super powers...aka prayer

The lightning represents prayer/superpowers

Needless to say I arrive in class and there is only one person sitting there. Was class canceled? Were my prayers answered? Well not quite. I looked at the time and it was 9:00, which meant I woke up at 8:30. Okay, so I had 30 min to finalize the presentation...my life wasn't so bad.

That brown thing represents my hair :)

Well we start the class and the professor begins to introduce the chapter we are currently in, Consumer Relations. He tends to drag on discussions about Sports and similar topics so this took a little longer than expected. There were three presenters today - me included. By the time we started, it seemed each of us would have adequate time to present....DRAT. Well, the first guy goes and he takes a less than expected amount of time. BLAST. The other presenter had previously asked me if she could go second and I graciously gave up my spot :) .....excellent. Well, class conversation and her computer problems pushed the time to the point where...oh shoot...I was going to have to present on Thursday. Today.

Leprechaun Leap...ya so I didn't want to draw hands...so that would be my paper?
That I ripped in half? Ya lets go with that


FANTASTIC!!! I could not believe my ears. This was really happening and I was given a second chance. Well, It's not like I had a solid two days to redo the assignment, I still work, study and practice 23/7 but...it did go alright and now I'm ready for California baby!! YAHOO!

5 comments:

  1. hahahah. oh Charlie. I've been in a vaguely similar situation before ... it was glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaaaa Charlie! I love you AND your great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be a story writer/illustrator and show me how to illustrate my blog...or have you do it :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... you are SO lucky!! Those days are seriously dreadful enough to stop one's heart :/ Love the pics :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exciting story! Nice illistrations! (You are SO lucky!)

    ReplyDelete