Sunday, September 25, 2011

Orem Competition

Conversation with Erik

C: Hey what homework should I do right now?
E: You should probably do the hardest.
C: Well, I have some law reading to do before Thursday.
E: Do that.
C: Or some seminary reading to do before Tuesday.
E: Then do that.
C: But I usually do that right before class.
E: Then don't do that.
C: Or I could do some writing I should have done by tomorrow.
E: Hahahahahhaha. Maybe you should do that then.
C: I just don't want to....and I can't watch Glee because you have to wait 8 DAYS!!!
E: hahahahahaha
C: ahahhahahah Nope...I'm gonna blog!

It's been really tough finding Charlie time lately. So here is the time I devote to myself, updating all you on the last competition I did.

Katie Thornhill and I decided to do the Orem Tiger Classic this last Saturday kind of on a whim. We put in the papers and all and revamped our choreography up to two days before the competition.



Here's a waltz. So these aren't necessarily the best representations of our dancing but the others wouldn't load for some reason. Remember, try and look for the gold dress.

And here was the Tango


And the Foxtrot (seriously..for some reason only the worst representations of our dancing will load...ah well...such is life)


We did alright. In the Novice division we got first. Really it was just unfair that we were competing. We swept the judges marks...ya it was awesome. And then (as you may have seen in the above video) we COMPLETELY botched the final round of Pre-Champ. Running into people. People running into us. Not dancing as a partnership...just one of those off days I suppose :) So during awards...we were so scared they were going to call our number prematurely..and it would be one of those comps we so desperately want to forget. BUT we won! YAY! Nearly swept the judges marks again. There was one judge that DIDN'T call us back on the waltz...ARE YOU JOKING!!! and then gave us only seconds and thirds on the final round...someone is not liking us. I went up to two other judges that I knew and asked him to Joe Shmoe was. They said, "Why did he score you badly" :) So funny...every ballroom dancer knows. The only reason why we care who anyone is...is if they give us bad scores. Anyways...someone said SOME judges score you according to UVU or BYU couples...RUDE! Guess I just have to be better than that so there is no denying it.


We aren't very good at the whole bowing thing. I say right spin, it doesn't register. Or I say no spin and she just decides to spin herself :) We will work on it now that we are good enough :) We couldn't stop laughing :)



So I have officially 'ballroom adopted' this kid and his partners. I oh-so-desperately want my kids to do ballroom and freaking kill it like these do. He does identical SPLITS with his partner and it is nearly the highlight of the entire comp! The crowd goes crazy. Well I didn't want to seam like a stalker so this is all you got...they're blurry and all but ....MAN I love this kid!




Peace Y'all

Sir Charles III

1 comment: