Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rome Temple!!!!

Okay I really can't be too excited about this but here it is. Saturday the ground breaking ceremony occurred in Rome Italy for the Temple that was announced in October 2008. I remember being in Italy when they announced the temple. We were late to the church it was being broadcast at in Modena because we were talking to people on the way. Something we called Dieci Inviti our goal to talk to 10 extra people a day. Well we walked in the building and opened the door of the room the English broadcast was in literally the second after President Monson announced the Temple.

From that moment one, there were whispers on the progress of the temple in Italy. It was one signature after another, jumping over one hurdle after another. Well wait no longer. The beauty of the Rome Italy temple was projected in this film released on Saturday.



Some of my favorite parts of the temple is (1) That the temple is more modern than Italian. I feel like if it was Italian-esque, it would look too Catholic. I'm glad its just elegant. (2) I'm glad there is a piazza....it fits the Italian lifestyle and (3) There will be a Family History Center and Visitor's Center. I mean that is so cool for the Italians. It will be SUCH a missionary tool for the members there. I am TOTALLY going as well. I figured I should save about 75 bucks per month and I should be ready for myself and my wife :)

No comments:

Post a Comment